Sunday, March 7, 2010

ok, wait... maybe I do like dating websites.

I gave it another shot...I purchased a subscription. Yes, I am now officially looking for love... it could be included in 'all the wrong places' but we'll see! To my surprise, I have been matched with some pretty cool guys! I can now see all of their pictures and such, so it makes the process WAY easier! Anyways, I recently have been talking to this guy... he's really sweet! We have all of the same beliefs, and like all the same things! We have had great email conversations.. been pretty open and honest with each other. Well, he asked me out on a date. It made me a little nervous! I thought "ok, now I'm a dorky, desperate, online dater"... I am a little embarrassed that I signed up for this thing in the first place... Why sign up if I'm not going to meet any of them though right? well... it was last night. Went to a local show. Not gonna lie, my favorite spot for a first encounter! It was laid-back... and there were no awkward forced conversation moments because it was loud and extremely crowded! So... as it turns out... I shouldn't wear heels when meeting a 5'8" guy... I shouldn't get my hopes up too high... and I shouldn't expect an automatic connection. BUT it was fun. More fun than I've had in a long time. With a guy. Not sure if anything else will come of this, I doubt it. He was way too... brotherly. More buddy-buddy than anything else. BUT there are a few hopefuls out there. I honestly don't know if any of them are promising but they have SO much in common with me. I was matched with a guy today that I think is perfect for me, but he lives 5 hours away... :( Oh well. I'm just more hopeful now about this dating website than I was at the beginning. We'll see what happens! Come what may!

No comments: